Poggio a Sieve history
The place of Poggio a Sieve has been known since 1245 as part of the Montesassi Castle when it was ceded by the Guidi Counts to the Adimari. It is possible that the tower and the agricultural outbuildings were built around 1250. The first certain date on which the Poggio a Sieve building complex appears is July 12, 1427 when the Soderini, a rich and important Florentine family, declared possession of it in the cadastral declaration.
Vincenzo Bottini between 1610 and 1615 built the noble chapel dedicated to San Carlo Borromeo to raise the level of his property.
A romantic villa situated in the green heart of Tuscany, shared into six holiday apartments and placed inside a private park of 6 hectares with a wood, a small vineyard and the vegetable garbed of the owners who live here all year round.
This ancient villa has a very special design pool – 25x 6,25 x 1,20 m – and a large parking area reserved to the guests of the holiday apartments.
The property is situated near the ancient village of Vicchio, in the Mugello area, the place of origin of the Medici’s, Giotto and Beato Angelico.
A strategic position, just a few kilometers from Florence, Scarperia with its International Motordrome and Barberino di Mugello with its huge shopping outlet center.
Poggio a Sieve may accommodate up to 18 people and can be rented in its entirety as well.